Want to join the global powerhouse that’s building a stronger, more sustainable future? Cargill has a team of 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are passionate about nourishing the world in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, which provides ingredients and applications to food and beverage manufacturers, foodservice companies and retail customers. Join the team that innovates and anticipates market forces and shifting consumer values around tastes, nutrition and safety.
Are you passionate about agriculture, would you like to start your career in agronomy in a company where you can grow and build your career path? Then we might have the right role for you. As an Agronomy Research Assistant, part of the role requires you to work with Research Agronomists to run and maintain research plots. The private research trials that you handle will be used for evaluation with commercial potential.
We are looking for highly ambitious and innovative individuals with a desire for continuous learning and who are able to quickly adapt to a rapidly evolving and highly motivated research/ team environment. Part of your duties will include working with research and support teams to prioritize resources efficiently to meet business objectives. At this level, you will work independently to resolve basic issues and problems, while having senior level support for more complex issues.
- Collaborate with research agronomists to run research trials involving all aspects of agronomic trial management including seeding, spraying, maintenance, harvest, and data submission.
- Partner with the research and development teams to evaluate data collection from nursery and yield trials.
- Maintain research equipment to support a high performance research program.
- Operate small plot equipment such as seeders, sprayers, swathers and combines.
- Provides training, mentorship, and mentoring to team members.
- Participates and complies to safety regulations and other procedural compliance regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or minimum four years of related work experience.
- May require standing/sitting for long periods of time, lifting up to 50 Ibs.
- Ability to work in an outdoor field environment throughout the season
- Being able to work flexible hours and overtime if needed (mostly seasonal).
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
- Knowledge of agricultural equipment and experience with operating truck and trailer combinations.
- Experience in research trial activities/processes.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Job Research and Development
Primary Location Canada-Saskatchewan-Aberdeen
LDsports 注册 Schedule Full-time
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job