Résumé du posteThe incumbent is responsible for generation, co-ordination and execution of internal and carrier test plans for the objective of ensuring terminal products software and hardware implementation meeting customer approval and certification criteria. The incumbent is also responsible for becoming the local subject matter expert and related standards development and interpretation of customer requirements specifications in order to provide guidelines to Corporate R&D members for feature implementations.
Rôle et Responsabilités
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use intermediate technical engineering knowledge and experience to test and evaluate new wireless terminal products and associated accessories.
- Base on in-depth knowledge and understanding of industry standards and customer requirements specifications, generate, comply and execute test plans for feature requirements to verify implementation meets customer certification criteria.
- Investigates and advises on, non-compliance and performance degradations of terminal products for resolutions, regressions evaluations and testing
- Together with other engineers (internal or contract) participates in the execution of the test plans to evaluate product compliance to customer criteria
- Participates in technical discussions regarding discrepancies in the implementation of the carrier requirements with both internal and carrier technical team
- Provides support for Senior Engineers through collecting log files, software upgrades, execution of the assigned test cases
- Provides support and testing for in house and 3rd party applications and service development
- Monitoring of industry standards and data application trends & alert senior management of potential roadblocks in product development in regards to customer requirements
Skills and Qualifications
Education/ Knowledge/ Experience/ Competencies
- Degree in engineering or related electronics technical training preferred
- Develop and maintain excellent leadership skills including proactive, customer service oriented working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize, assign and prioritize multiple engineering support assignments and projects as directed by the manager of the group and/or other departmental officers.
- Read, interpret and act on very high level of proper understanding of technical documents, engineering test materials and contracts or related documents based on corporate legal and sales/engineering standards and philosophy.
- In customer service related situations demonstrate very high competency level in communication skills using both oral and written modes for internal and external personnel at all management and staff organizational levels for both persuasion in sales decision activities and/or the communication of technical information. Must be able to communicate in writing, through email and reports, or orally complex technical matters to an audience that may include less technically oriented or listeners.
- Work independently and in a team environment as the wireless specialist, in order to achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames. Tasks are guided by clearly defined objectives and functional direction with an implied knowledge of task alternatives and decision making experience to guide the incumbent.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge and experience in LTE, HSPA, UMTS, J2ME, WAP, OMA MMS
- In-depth knowledge in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC technologies
- Familiar with mobile standards and operating systems
- Ability to Create and read mobile device log files using variety of tools (QXDM)
- 3-5 years technical/related experience preferred.
- Experience with SIM card protocols and related applications
- Experience in test equipment product assessment and evaluation.
- Experience and understanding of B2B services
- G class drivers license required
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.