The Clinical Research Project Assistant works closely with the Principal Investigator or Research Associate to assist in study operations. This position includes many of the basic tasks of the clinical research process.
Here's What You'll Get To Do:
- Assist with administrative tasks related to grant and/or manuscript preparation
- Prepare study case report forms and assemble packages of questionnaires
- Organize mass mailings
- Conduct medical literature searches, maintaining literature databases and retrieving articles from the library
- Perform data management including checking data for accuracy and completeness, scoring data, entering data and data cleaning
- Works under direct supervision.
- Follows specific, detailed instructions.
- Work is regularly checked with detailed review upon completion.
- Leadership: Leads self and demonstrates a willingness to learn.
- Communication: Interacts primarily with immediate supervisor and other trainees within the laboratory.
- Demonstrates competency written and verbal communications
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Post-secondary degree in sciences, social sciences or a health related discipline
- Previous research experience is preferred
- Ability to function independently yet collaboratively within a team
- Effective communication, interpersonal, facilitation and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet and MEDLINE searches)
Employment Type: Temporary, Part-time (6 month contract)