The Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) currently has an opening for a Communications Coordinator. The individual in this role provides support in coordination and implementation of OPPI's Communication Strategy. S/he coordinates communications across the organization and is responsible for content development across a variety of media.
OPPI is a not-for-profit Ontario Corporation best described by visiting www.ontarioplanners.ca. Representing approximately 4,000 practising planners across the province and 500 student members, our members work for government, private industry, community agencies, and academic institutions. OPPI is the recognized voice of the province's planning profession, providing leadership on policy related to planning, development, the environment, and related issues. Our office is conveniently located near the Eglinton subway station, Toronto.
Principal responsibilities and duties:
Set a consistent ‘voice’ for the organization overseeing content development across a variety of media:
- eNewsletters – Write, organize and manage the delivery of a monthly newsletter to OPPI’s membership, a student member newsletter, and a weekly District eblast to promote local events. Ensure that newsletter information is uploaded to OPPI’s website and promoted through OPPI’s social media accounts.
- Social Media – Manage OPPI’s social media accounts, including social media for its new Y Magazine publication. This person will prepare content calendars and draft messages promoting the latest OPPI news and activities, thought-provoking and engaging posts related to the planning profession at large and help promote OPPI and Y Magazine to a wider audience. Separate campaigns will be developed throughout the year to promote specific OPPI initiatives and events such as OPPI’s annual conference, Council elections, membership renewal and others.
- Planning Exchange Blog – Assist the Education Manager with outreach to members and external organizations, coordinating and crafting blog content on a variety of topical planning-related topics, including developing social media messages to promote the blog and related posts.
- OPPI Website – Oversee the day-to-day management of the OPPI website ensuring the most up-to-date information is presented and available on the website. Ensure edits and updates are made and new content developed throughout the year and in advance of specific OPPI campaigns.
- Y Magazine – Work with OPPI’s Editor to develop OPPI news for inclusion in each issue of Y Magazine. Supports the Editor to develop article ideas and write magazine articles, as needed. Supports the maintenance of OPPI’s photo library database for publication.
- PlanON Awards- Provides logistical and communications support to administer and promote this program.
- Informational videos-supports content development for promotional or informational videos.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and required skills:
Post-secondary degree in Communications, Journalism or Public relations or equivalent in experience.
LDsports 注册2 years relevant work experience including demonstrated understanding of audiences within and outside the organization.
Experience developing social media content and developing and writing compelling and interesting articles and content
Computer Literacy in a Windows environment including database management, website navigation and social media platforms
Working knowledge of CMS, managing websites, Kentico, Google analytics, Adobe suite products and video editing software preferred
Knowledge of planning profession is preferred
OPPI is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed.