The Echo Technologist is responsible for processing and testing patients for echocardiogram, doppler, TEEs, Stress Echo, Contrast Echo and Paediatric Echo testing.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) and Sonography Canada certification in adult Echocardiography - M-Mode and 2D Doppler studies
- University degree in health related field, e.g., BSc, RN preferred
- Two years full-time echocardiography lab experience.
- Good knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology, and electrocardiography.
- Proficient with M-Mode and 2D Echo Doppler.
- Experience with Trans-esophageal Echo, Exercise Echo and Pediatrics (pref erred).
- Sound decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- D emonstrated excellence in providing patient focused care.
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going learning.
- Professional and cooperative; mature, reliable, and responsible.
- Proficient computer skills required.
- Good work and attendance record requ ired.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the ps ychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.