LDsports 注册We have an immediate opening for a Legal Assistant in our Edmonton office responsible for providing high-level administrative support to a senior lawyer(s). The incumbent of this role will work primary within the Litigation practice with some emphasis on Intellectual Property.
Our legal assistant structure is based on a team model within a practice group. Legal assistants typically support more than one lawyer and will be called upon help others within their practice group when workload volumes are at their peak or during periods of vacation or absence coverage.Responsibilities
- Editing and proofreading routine correspondence, letters and other related documents
- Liaising with clients on a daily basis
- Calendar management, travel and expense report support
- Maintaining and organizing client contacts, files and various calendars
- Prioritizing workflow to ensure completion of accurate work within established timelines
- Managing administrative tasks, including time entry, billings, scheduling of appointments and coordinating meetings etc.; and
- Transcribing digital voicemail and maintaining files and diarizations as needed
- Preparing and filing court documents
- Any other duties, as required
- Legal Assistant diploma from an accredited college plus a minimum of five (5) years of previous administration experience
- Superb accuracy, organization and time management skills
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with digital filing, document management and dictation software
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and a willingness to assist in a team member’s absence
- Self-starter who is able to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure both independently and in a team setting
- Able to work with minimal instruction and prioritize the workload accordingly
- Responsible, dependable and consistent
- Takes pride and ownership in the finished work product
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Dentons Canada LLP
- We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We believe that diversity and inclusion is essential to the success and strength of our firm. We believe that a proactive approach where we support and embrace our individual talents and differences enriches our firm, our professional practice and our communities. It offers us a broader perspective to foster more creative ideas and greater effectiveness, which enhances our ability to provide our clients with the best possible advice and service. Dentons Canada is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any accommodation requirements, we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.