Come work with us!
Are you a Licensed 4th Class Engineer or alternatively possess a Refrigeration “B” ticket seeking a new opportunity?
LDsports 注册For 80 years, Kawartha Dairy has been proud to be a 100% Canadian-owned company, still operated by the same family that founded it in 1937. Although the company has grown tremendously from its early days, it remains headquartered in the lakeside community of Bobcaygeon, Ontario, where it was founded, near Peterborough an hour north of the GTA.
The Operator will be responsible for monitoring, and operating switchboards and related equipment as well as troubleshooting.
What You Would Be Responsible For At Kawartha Dairy:
- Ensure compliance with TSSA Regulations
- Operate automated or computerized control systems, stationary engines and auxiliary equipment such as boilers, generators, pumps, compressors, and other equipment to generate electrical power and to provide light, heat, ventilation and refrigeration for buildings and/or other work sites
- Monitor and inspect plant equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, meters and other instruments to measure temperature, pressure and fuel flow, to detect leaks or other equipment malfunctions and to ensure plant equipment is operating at maximum efficiency
- Analyze and record instrument readings and equipment malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and perform corrective action and minor repairs to prevent equipment or system failure
- Clean and lubricate generators, pumps, compressors and perform other routine equipment maintenance duties using appropriate lubricants and hand, power and precision tools
- Maintain a daily log of operation, maintenance and safety activities, write reports on site operation
- Make recommendations on programs and equipment to improve efficiency
- Review and complete work orders and discuss with Maintenance Manager
- Assist in the development of operation, maintenance and safety procedures
- Perform other duties and activities that may be assigned
What We Are Looking For:
- Licensed 4th Class Engineer or alternatively a Refrigeration “B” ticket
- Mechanical, millwright and/or welding experience is an asset
- Experience working in the food industry and working with packaging equipment would be a strong asset
- Proven knowledge in refrigerated warehouse environment
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge of GMP, HACCP, and proper employee hygiene practices to meet company requirements
- Ability to work in temperature of -30 degrees Celsius as needed
- Ability to do heavy lifting may be required, following established safe lifting procedures
- Shifts may include weekend work as well as variability in shift start/finish timings (days/afternoons) from time to time based on business requirements therefore, flexibility in your schedule is a job requirement
Benefits for Working with Kawartha Dairy:
- Competitive, comprehensive group benefits (vision, dental, prescription, travel plans). No cost to you for single/family monthly premiums.
- RRSP with company match
- Annual profit sharing
- Discount on products sold in our retail stores
- Opportunity for career development in a dynamic Canadian-owned company with impressive growth potential.
LDsports 注册Kawartha Dairy is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided as part of our hiring process (if accommodation is required, Applicants are requested to make their needs known in advance).
Job Type: Full-time