GIS Systems Analyst
(Job # 2020-015-IE)
Department: Finance and Technology Services
Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Date Posted: January 14, 2020
Date Closing: February 4, 2020, 4:30pm
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours/Shifts: 35 hours per week, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
Salary: $71,157 - $86,588 per year
Under the direction of the Manager, Information Technology Services, the GIS Systems Analyst is responsible for the
design and delivery of all corporate GIS related technology services to Town staff and residents by working closely with
numerous affiliated external agencies (including Region of York, MPAC, provincial agencies, and other partnering
municipalities). This role involves working directly with business users from across the organization to determine
requirements in order to plan, design, build, test, and deploy specialized GIS technology solutions, applications, and tools.
The GIS Systems Analyst provides technical leadership and subject matter expertise on assigned projects; researches
and evaluates emerging GIS solutions; has oversight of GIS infrastructure and service delivery; provides technical support
and end-user training for GIS related services; facilitates the integration of spatial and tabular data from a variety of
sources into GIS repositories; and designs/develops various GIS business applications. The GIS Systems Analyst makes
information more widely available across the organization while promoting the benefits and capabilities of available GIS
LDsports 注册 related technologies and solutions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Geography, Environmental
combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years progressive experience in the design and development of customized desktop, mobile, and
HTML, etc.), data integration (ETL), workflow and process automation (scripting, scheduled jobs), GIS database
modeling/schemas and queries (SQL), and systems integration (web services, mapping services, API’s, etc.).
- Extensive work experience with the overall management of a GIS technology infrastructure environment to ensure
experience with the installation, configuration, and administration of ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise Server, ArcGIS Online,
Geocortex Essentials, FME and other related software solutions operating in a virtualized Microsoft Windows Server
data centre environment and which utilize Microsoft SQL Server database services.
- Expert-level technical knowledge in a number of GIS related software packages including ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise
Geocortex Essentials, Trimble GPS Pathfinder. Experience with AutoDesk AutoCAD would be an asset.
- Practical experience with several programming languages used to create customized GIS business applications
PowerShell to facilitate automation of administrative tasks, data integration and workflows would also be an asset.
- Hands-on experience working with relational and spatial databases including designing database models/schemas,
a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain effective consulting relationships with internal
- Good project management, time management and organizational skills adept at effectively dealing with multiple
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to explain complex technical concepts into
- Working knowledge of IT networking and Microsoft Windows systems administration concepts.
- Possession of a valid Ontario Class "G" Driver's License and access to a vehicle for use on corporate business
How to apply:
Please forward your resume in confidence by February 4, 2020 at 4:30 pm identifying Job # 2020-015-IE - Last Name,
First Name in the subject line to email@example.com. Please ensure your application is saved in one single document.
Committed to diversity and a barrier-free environment: Whitchurch-Stouffville is an equal opportunity employer
committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. As we grow, it’s important that our workforce
reflect the citizens we serve. At the Town, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an
employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. We thank all applicants for their interest in this
position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.