This role is responsible for delivering dynamic and effective interpretive programs in the galleries of the Vancouver Aquarium. These programs will amaze, engage and inspire the public to conserve aquatic ecosystems.
Positively represents the Vancouver Aquarium through great service by:
- Delivering a variety of successful interpretive programs and activities emphasizing conservation. Programs and activities may include 4D theatre, family programs, live animal presentations, dive presentations, animal encounters, critter corners, discovery carts, roving and more;
- Providing exceptional customer service when interacting with visitors and answering general inquiries.
Provides support to the Interpretive Delivery Team by:
- Assisting Interpretation Specialists with program development and maintenance as needed;
- Assisting Interpretation Specialists with training, evaluation, recognition and general supervision of volunteers and work experience students as needed;
- Assisting with special events and promotions as needed.
Consciously desires to improve the Vancouver Aquarium/Ocean Wise and its processes by:
- Actively demonstrating the company’s values and code of conduct;
- Maintaining organizational safety standards;
- Continually improving our impact on the environment and greening of operations;
- Performing additional duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2nd year biology, natural sciences, education, environmental education or related field of studies, or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience;
- Several seasons performing interpretive work.
- Outstanding presentation skills;
- Able to communicate effectively with audiences of all ages and learning abilities;
- Strong organizational skills and able to work independently and as an effective member of the team;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Able to learn and adapt in a constantly changing environment;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic personality and positive attitude;
- SCUBA certification and First-Aid Certification are an asset.
- Job requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time;
- Job may require the ability to swim and scuba dive;
- Job involves communication with audiences of all ages and learning abilities.
LDsports 注册Flexibility and availability in schedule are required during the week, including evenings, weekends and holidays
LDsports 注册Licenses & Certifications