$21 - $27 an hour
$21 - $27 per hour
Cascades Flexible Packaging - Mississauga is looking for a Junor Extrusion Operator to complete the team.
Junior Extrusion Operator is responsible for the below job tasks:
- Operate and maintain blown film extrusion equipment by complying with below listed duties
- Perform job sets up, adjustments, startups and shutdowns in accordance with specifications and standard operating procedures
- Adjust the operating speed of extruders to meet optimal targets set by company
- Assist/perform with equipment PMs
- Perform a variety of duties related to safe and successful operation of extruders and auxiliary equipment, including blenders, vacuum loading systems, roll carts, skid wrappers etc.
- Monitor/inspect/report safety, film quality, production and equipment condition by effectively using SAP, MES and Machine Board systems and reports like Extrusion Setup Checklist, Transition Sheets etc.
- Report findings to Supervisor or Specialist and work with them to resolve any cause of defect.
- Ensure quality of film and raw materials meet or exceed customer and company standards
- Participate in cross training on other company equipment
- Follow established safety protocols, report any H&S issues and assist in near miss or accident investigations
- Wear all personal safety equipment as required by company
- Maintain clean and safe conditions around work areas and equipment
- Extrusion Operator must be willing to work 12-hour day and night shifts
- Must be able to work overtime as required beyond standard work hours
- Be able to lift 50lb of weight and standing for extended period
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of blow film extrusion, multilayer experience is ideal
- Basic knowledge of blown film extrusion raw materials
- Proficiency in reading, writing and basic math is a must
- Must be able to read ruler and measure in US/metric standards
- Must be able to use basic lab equipment like dart, thickness, COF tester, etc.
Job Segment: ERP, Equipment Operator, SAP, Technology, Manufacturing