Who we are:
LDsports 注册 Markham Stouffville Hospital is a leading community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge sites and our new Reactivation Care Centre that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. The hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Who you are:
You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession
You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer service skills
You have vision, flexibility, transparency, honesty and practicality
LDsports 注册 You are organized, accurate, able to multi task and meet deadlines
You support the patient experience, your colleagues and others cultural and spiritual beliefs
LDsports 注册 You encompass MSH’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
What we need:
The Patient Scheduling Clerk is a valuable member of the Patient Access team and has a significant impact on the efficient and effective operation of the registration function. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for registering patients for all hospital visits, answering telephone inquiries, collecting demographic information from patients, completing patient insurance information and assisting with flow through the registration area.
The successful candidate will work 8 hour days and evening shifts and will be working every second Saturday and Sunday days or evenings in ED Scheduling. Please note schedules are subject to change based on operational needs.
BAND T: $23.14 - $26.03 per hour
What you bring to MSH:
- Previous patient scheduling department experience in a hospital setting required
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and understanding in patient registration
- Experience with Meditech 6.0 preferred
- Bed allocation experience preferred
- Well developed keyboarding/computer skills with a minimum keyboarding speed of 45 wpm
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work well in both a team environment and independently
- Excellent communication, facilitative and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands in a fast pace environment
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
LDsports 注册 Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.