OUR CORE VALUES:
- Go home healthy
- Progressive personalities
- Cooperation over confrontation
- Doing the right thing
- We build a better world through collaboration, competence, and care.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Colony is a turn-key general contractor that executes projects including: design, permitting, civil, structural, architectural, electrical, and mechanical scopes.
The purpose of the Project Manager is to manage all aspects of a project (or projects) including, but not limited to cost control, procurement, schedule, safety, construction (subcontractors and direct-hire trades), QA/QC, and ultimately, complete client satisfaction.
- Plan and execute a contracted scope of work. Establish and track change orders for any work outside of the contracted scope.
- Develop and maintain project schedules. Ensure projects and/or parts of projects are completed by or before required deadlines.
- Ensure projects are completed on or under the estimated budget.
- Provide budget reports and forecasts to managers.
- Protect Colony’s interests both legally and financially against suppliers, subcontractors, and clients. Ensure that projects are completed and Colony is paid without the need for the involvement of legal counsel.
- Ensure that everyone working on Colony projects goes home healthy.
- Ensure complete client satisfaction with the ultimate goal of creating repeat customers.
- Ability to maintain high levels of honesty, integrity, and ethics in difficult situations.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in general contracting related project coordination or project management position(s).
- Experience and expertise in managing projects from design to lock-up including all construction divisions.
- Strong Excel skills including ability to create or modify complex spreadsheets.
- Microsoft Project and/or Primavera schedule software skills.
- Versatile communication skills including ability to communicate professionally and effectively by phone, in writing, or in person (meetings) with suppliers/subcontractors, clients, and within the Colony organization.
- Ability to plan and create clear execution plans.
- Ability to lead the project team and convince others to follow execution plans.
- Strong understanding of project safety requirements including WorkSafeBC regulations, general safe work practices, general roles and responsibilities of people within the safety chain of command, how to document and report injuries and incidents, how to manage and work with site safety officers to create a safe work environment, etc.
- General knowledge of construction costs and ability to produce estimates.
- Understanding of the claims process and how to effectively track, document, submit, and negotiate/defend Colony’s position as it relates to claims to the client.
- Understanding of the back-charge process and how to effectively track, document, submit and negotiate/defend Colony’s position as it relates to back-charges to suppliers and subcontractors.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of various types of construction contracts (e.g. lump sum, time & materials, cost plus). Ability to read and understand contract language and apply/enforce the terms of the contract as they relate to clients, suppliers, and/or subcontractors.
- Understanding of project QC requirements including the development and implementation of ITP’s and inspection protocols.
- Ability to meet deadlines (e.g. submitting reports, schedules, etc).
- Ability to perform at a high level in stressful situations.
- Hard worker.
- Willingness to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to take direction and instruction from managers.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Health and wellness benefits plan
- A positive and fun corporate culture, while maintaining accountability
- Various fun activities, lunches, learning sessions, etc.
- Ongoing training and support
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, specifically answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at Colony?
- What are your core values?
- What are your salary expectations?
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank You!